WVU has now implemented an application process that is almost completely electronic. Other than academic records (transcripts, etc.), all application materials can now be submitted electronically, including letters of reference. The WVU Admissions Office begins accepting applications for the next academic year on or about September 15. Click here to begin the application procedure.
The items below are required for a complete application:
Materials Required by WVU:
- WVU application
- Application fee (paid online during application process)
- Official Transcripts (for more specific instructions, domestic students check HERE; international students check HERE)
- Official TOEFL (or IELTS) scores (international students only) - TOEFL Institution Code: 5904
Materials Required by the Department of Economics:
- Official GRE scores (Institution Code: 5904, Department Code: 1801)
- Economics Supplemental Application
- A Brief Statement of Goals
- Three letters of recommendation
All materials should be submitted through the online application process if possible. This speeds up receipt and processing of applications. If some departmental materials cannot be successfully sent through the online application process, they may be sent via postal mail to the address below. Please be sure to include your full name, applicant id number and the program you are applying for (PhD in Economics) when you use the postal mail.
Office of Admissions
One Waterfront Place
PO Box 6009
Morgantown, WV 26506-6009, USA
If letters of reference are sent in this manner, they must be on official letterhead or from a verifiable e-mail address.