SHRM Essentials of HR Management
Quality Training = Big Return on Investment
The classes have been approved for 14.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP and submitted for approval for general HR credits for PHR or SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
The Spring 2016 program will take place Thursday and Friday, May 19-20, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the WVU College of Business and Economics.
Human resource issues impact every company in some way. That's why it's important to understand the fundamental issues surrounding HR today. Developed by leading HR experts, HR practitioners, and legal counsel, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course covers introductory HR topics in a condensed, easy-to-understand format. Whether you are new to HR or HR is one of many roles you fulfill at your company, this program, offered in partnership with SHRM through WVU's Center of Executive Education, will help you master key HR concepts and understand how to apply them in real-life situations.
Build a Solid Foundation in HR Management Skills
Newly updated with the latest HR developments, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course provides a complete overview on the following HR roles and responsibilities:
- Human Resource Management. Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Employment Law. Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
- Recruitment and Selection. Develop important skills for selecting employees.
- Compensation and Benefits. Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Employee Development. Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management. Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
For more information, please fill out the form below or contact:
Center for Executive Education