DEAR ALUMNI, FRIENDS, & STUDENTS,
What a joyous occasion on May 12 to send another graduating class into the world! The WVU College of Business and Economics continues to graduate wonderfully bright, motivated and skilled students who are qualified to be competitive anywhere in the global marketplace.
We have made marked improvements over the past two years in a number of areas. B&E was recently named a top tier business school for the second consecutive year by Bloomberg Businessweek. Our online M.B.A. program has been ranked by U.S. News & World Report. B&E continues to work on globalization, which is beneficial to our students who study abroad and to our students here at WVU who interact with international students.
We have increased the partnerships we have with companies who look to us to hire these bright students. B&E has raised its level of commitment for student internships, hired new faculty who will make us even better, improved existing programs and developed new ones that reflect the demand of the business world today.
Commencement may bring to fruition the work that students, faculty and staff join together to accomplish, but it is the day-to-day commitment by all that makes that possible.
It is important to note that another wonderful edition of B&E Magazine will be mailed out in the coming week. The magazine exemplifies this commitment to our students, faculty and staff, alumni, donors and friends of the College. I encourage you to read the print or online editions of our magazine.
Take a look at the fantastic stories we have for you this month in this e-newsletter. Those stories include:
- Jeremy Munza, a recent accounting graduate, just learned he will be in Germany next fall as a Fulbright Scholar.
- A group of B&E management students helped open Chestnut Mountain Ranch, a "safe haven for boys and families in crisis."
- Mali native and recent business management grad Amadou Toure bleeds blue and gold. It all started nearly four years ago at his first ever football game.
- The Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination program is in high demand across the globe. B&E is offering the renowned program in Bahrain. The program also attracted Drin Mormorina, an auditor from Kosovo.
- Do you know someone with West Virginia ties who has made a significant impact on the landscape of business? B&E is accepting nominations for the WV Business Hall of Fame; the nomination deadline is August 15.
Jose V. Sartarelli, Ph.D.
Milan Puskar Dean
Jena Amerson, a former senior counsel for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission,
will provide an interactive environment for students in her legal ethics class.
Scott Phillips, a 1986 finance/accounting grad, enjoys bringing people into the financial services business and helping them be successful.
Get 20% off all long sleeve
tees and sweats.
Enter code: SUMMER