As I take stock of the past four years at B&E, I can proudly say that together - students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends of the College - we have made great progress toward our vision of "Better, Bigger, Ranked," as indicated below:
- The quality of our incoming students has continued to improve;
- More than 40 high-caliber faculty have been brought in to augment an already strong academic team;
- Enrollment at the undergraduate, masters and doctoral levels is at an all-time high;
- New programs including the 4-year college, new Ph.D. program in Business Administration, and multiple joint programs, have been established;
- A+ and A publications totalled 25 in 2013 versus 15 in 2009;
- A record number of employers are recruiting on campus, including 57 Fortune 500 companies;
- Our engagement locally, nationally and globally has never been higher;
- All-time record fund-raising ($34 million to date) is allowing more resources for scholarships, support for professorships and chairs, and funding for new programs such as Entrepreneurship, Supply Chain Management, and Hospitality & Tourism; more than ten $1 million scholarship gifts have been booked;
- Our programs are ranked - #5 Top Undergraduate Program in Ethics, #9 Top Undergraduate Program in Return on Investment (ROI), #23 Top Online Executive MBA Program - and recognized around the country; by the way, our full-time MBA ranked #92, 49th among public universities.
As we look to the future, our commitment to building a great business and economics school in West Virginia is stronger than ever. Inspired by our vision of "Better, Bigger, Ranked" and guided by our Values - Diversity, Ethics, Excellence - we will:
- Continue to attract the best students, faculty and staff;
- Take the education of our students to an even higher level;
- Continue to improve the quality of research;
- Help our students secure employment;
- Relentlessly keep the organization focused on the success of our students, and engage with the state;
- Secure the funds to turn B&E into a great school that will make Mountaineers the world over proud.
Join me on this great journey of transformation and destiny.
Jose V. "Zito" Sartarelli, Ph.D.
Milan Puskar Dean
304.293.7800 | Jose.Sartarelli @ mail.wvu.edu | Office#: 449