As we begin writing a new chapter for the WVU College of Business and Economics, our charge is clear: create new momentum as we maintain the energy of the past five years. The best way to do that is as a team: students, alumni, donors, faculty, staff, and friends of the College.
Our commitment is to the preparation of our students for success in the global marketplace. We believe it is incumbent upon us to ensure that our students are ultimately equipped for an evolving business world, and that we have provided them with the skills to transform from students to future business leaders.
For this to happen, it takes a group effort from the team members I mentioned above. Additionally, we have created components that will help differentiate B&E in a number of ways as we help our students ready themselves for exciting experiences and successful careers. Those components include, but are not limited to:
- Continuing the assurance of quality in our incoming students, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Diligently adding to our outstanding faculty with academic team members that propel our existing programs to new heights and dynamically roll out new programs;
- Striving to keep enrollment at the undergraduate, masters and doctoral levels at all-time highs;
- Introducing new programs that not only reflect the needs of the global marketplace, but also reflect our land-grant mission to the state of West Virginia;
- Providing every advantage possible for students, such as internships, experiential learning, study abroad, job shadowing, career-relevant job experiences and job placement;
- Continuing an unprecedented outreach and engagement effort to our constituencies;
- Securing fund-raising commitments for the ongoing creation of scholarships, professorships, chairs and new programs;
- Even further increasing publications in recognized and relevant A+ and A journals;
- And even further strengthening our service in building a better future.
Our goal is to build a great business school at West Virginia University. We have made incredible strides, but we know this journey is far from over.
Our progress will continue as we remain focused on the success of our students, which is the true barometer of our efforts. If the recent past has taught us anything, it is that we can achieve collectively what we cannot achieve individually. And that has trained our focus on preparing.
Every student, every day.
Nancy H. McIntyre, Ph.D.
304.293.4056 | email@example.com | Office#: 449